Hall Hire & Other Permits

The Town Hall is closed, and not available for hire.


Hall Hire

The Town Hall and Meeting Room upstairs in the Town Hall are available for hire, along with the Senior Citizens Hall and SARI Hall/Youth Centre.  All booking enquiries are taken at the District Council office, where they can also assist you with what facilities are available at each venue.

Please download the forms below, which need to be filled out if you wish to hire a Hall or the Meeting Room.  If you wish to hire a Hall, then please also download and fill out the Event Management Form (you do not need to do this for the Meeting Room).

Fees and Charges can be seen here.

We also have a Conference Room for hire at the Steamtown Heritage Rail Centre - please contact them direct for availability and charges, Tel: 8651 3355.

Other Permits

You will require a permit if you wish to do any of the following things on the pavement, ie outside Foodland:

  • Sell raffle tickets or hold a Badge Day
  • Have a stall of any kind on the pavement
  • Put an A-Frame sign on the pavement
  • Put any street furniture on the pavement, ie table and chairs

For the sale of raffle tickets, badge days, or any other type of trading stall, please fill out all of the relevant sections in the form below, print off and then submit to the Council Offices for processing.

If you wish to place an A-Frame sign on the pavement, ie advertising your business, then please fill out the following form and hand in to the Council Offices for processing.

Lastly, if you wish to place table and chairs on the pavement, ie for a cafe, please fill out and hand in this form.

Fees and charges for all permits can be found in this document: