Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
The SA Government's site: www.covid-19.sa.gov.au
The Australian Government's Department of Health: www.health.gov.au
The Australian Government site for new restrictions: www.australia.gov.au
The SA Health Department: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
The District Council Councillors and Chief Executive Officer continue to monitor and evaluate regular hourly/daily updates on COVID-19.
We are undertaking regular video conference meetings with the South Australian Local Government Association and representatives of the Health Authorities.
The meetings discuss our current powers and responsibilities and those that are being newly activated to assist Local Government should the need arise.
I have been in contact with the Peterborough Medical Clinic Manager and am advised:
- If you have knowingly been in touch with someone with the virus – please contact the Medical Centre and they will advise the next steps.
- If you are feeling Flu-like symptoms – please contact the Medical Centre and they will advise the next steps.
- The phone number for the Medical Centre is 8677 6500.
Anything under Council’s control which affects the general public will be advised when necessary by the Chief Executive Officer.
Many local, Australian and worldwide events have been, and will continue to be, cancelled or postponed. This is unfortunate but necessary to protect us all.
Things that need attention from everyone, and Government instructions are:
- Protect your health and that of your family
- Social distancing – Where possible, keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others, or 4m2 inside, is the current recommendation, and wash your hands regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water
- Avoid all non-essential travel
- Restrictions on entering aged care homes to protect older Australians
- South Australia’s borders are now closed, and anybody entering (either internationally or from another Australian State) must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Please do not panic buy and hoard goods. Just do your usual weekly shopping and be considerate of the elderly and disabled - and do NOT abuse retail staff.
- Purchase goods locally so that our local businesses are kept open and viable.
- Venues now closed or restricted and gathering guidelines (possibly for up to 6 months):
- Tighter restrictions on weddings, funerals, fitness classes, beauty salons, arcades, play centres and other public spaces are now in place
- Pubs, licensed clubs and hotels (excluding accommodation), places of worship, gyms, indoor sporting venues, cinemas, casinos must close.
- Takeaway only at restaurants and cafes.
- Supermarkets, and pharmacies remain open.
- JobSeeker Payment claims can be submitted online 24/7. Online service capacity is being increased.
- Keep up with reports put out by the Australian Government via the websites: health.gov.au & Australia.gov.au
Council will continue to monitor the health advice from the Australian Government and update council’s website accordingly. Please refer to the government websites for immediate information.
Keep well and safe,