Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
The Australian Government's Department of Health: www.health.gov.au
The Australian Government site for new restrictions: www.australia.gov.au
The SA Health Department: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
UPDATED 27th MARCH 2020 - RV PARK CLOSED
DISTRICT COUNCIL OF PETERBOROUGH UPDATE:
As of 25th March 2020, the District Council of Peterborough has initiated the following steps to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
The Council is ‘open for business’ and is operating under the Local Government Act 1999, and adhering to its responsibilities under the South Australian Public Health Act 2011 and the Work Health Safety Act 2012, whilst maintaining the services we are obligated to offer.
COUNCIL FRONT COUNTER SERVICES:
- The Town Hall building is closed to the public, including the hall itself, quilt display, meeting room and toilets, with limited Council front counter service.
- New operating procedures are now in place for ratepayers to access the front counter.
- If you wish to speak to a Council Officer or need information, please call Council’s telephone number: 8651 3566.
- If you wish to lodge a green slip, blank forms are available outside the Council front door. Please complete and post under the door.
- If you wish to pay rates, this can be done in a variety of ways:
- By credit card over the telephone (8651 3566)
- By cheque posted to Council (PO Box 121, Peterborough, SA 5422)
- Internet banking : BSB: 105-005, Account No: 072499240, Account Name: District Council of Peterborough. Please ensure that you use your Assessment No. or Debtor No. as a reference
- Bank SA customers: Ask for the amount to be deposited into Council’s bank account (details above), using your Assessment No. or Debtor No. as a reference
- By cash – during the hours 10am to 3pm, ONE person at a time may approach the Council front counter. If another person is inside at the counter, please wait outside before entering.
RURAL TRANSACTION CENTRE - From midnight 25th March 2020:
- Relocated to the Council Front Counter. Please note that only ONE person at a time will be allowed to approach the front counter, whether for Centrelink, Service SA or to use other Council services.
- Hours available: 10am to 3pm (closed 12pm to 1pm).
- Limited service available.
- Limited service available
- Open to the public 12pm to 5pm alternate Sundays ONLY, first opening on Sunday 5th April 2020
- See the Waste and Recycling page on this website for further details, including the week of 30th March.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF ALL COUNCIL STAFF GIVEN THE EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES WE FIND OURSELVES IN – Thank you.
For facilities which are open, please adhere to the social distancing guidelines – Keep 1.5 metres apart outside or 4m2 inside.
Please be aware that Council staff will be disinfecting all tables and seats in the Main Street once a day, as well as the Skate Park and Victoria Park playground.
HOUSEHOLD WASTE – The kerbside collections will continue as before, however, please do not overfill your bin, because overspill or dropped rubbish will NOT be picked up by the driver.
PUBLIC TOILETS - OPEN:
- Rotary Park
- RV Dump site – Don Ferguson Drive
OFF-LEASH DOG PARK - OPEN
LIBRARY – CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC:
- Library returns to be placed in the blue box inside the council front counter door
- General Public are NOT allowed on school grounds
RV PARK – CLOSED
STEAMTOWN & VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE – CLOSED From midnight 25th March 2020
PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS - CLOSED:
- Victoria Park BBQ shed
- Rotary Park BBQ shed
- West Park playground
- YMCA playground
- Yongala Sports Recreation Ground
- Swimming pool
BUILDINGS - CLOSED:
- History Group Rooms and Print Shop
- Senior Citizens Hall
- Youth Centre
- Art Centre
- Town Carriage
- Sporting Complex
- Tennis Club
- Good Shed
- Yongala Hall