Mayor Whittle wishes to advise that Council’s CEO, Peter McGuinness, has resigned effective 7 October 2020. Colin Davies will continue as Acting CEO whilst a recruitment process is undertaken. Peter joined Council in August 2007, initially as Manager Finance and Administration, becoming CEO in December 2011.
Some of the major projects that Peter successfully delivered are:
- Peterborough Main Street Upgrade
- New Community Wastewater Management Scheme
- Rebranding of Peterborough
- 2 x $1.0m Drought Funding Programs
- Ongoing development of Steamtown
- Sealing of Airstrip
- PLEC – Undergrounding of Main Street power lines and LED street lights
- Don Fergusson Drive upgrade.
Council wishes Peter well in his future endeavours.