Art Prize Exhibition & Festival
We are fortunate to have creative people in Peterborough who have ideas. The idea is the starting point, and then it takes people with a variety of skills and dedication to have the faith and courage to carry out these ideas.
The Peterborough Art Prize was an idea conceived by Willem and Judith Kempen. With support from volunteers, this 10-day exhibition has grown into one of SA's best Art Prize events.
Local ladies Mary Martin, Judy Evans and Valda Graefe then had an idea "Why don't we build a whole festival around the Art Prize?" The idea gained support and the Peterborough Art & Cultural Festival came in to being.
The aims of the Art & Cultural Festival are:
- To help residents of Peterborough recognise and acknowledge the local talent that exists in our community (in all its forms).
- To encourage the community to think positive and participate in new activities. To take pride in their abilities and achievements.
- To promote Peterborough, as we have a lot to offer, to both residents and visitors alike.
The Festival is held around Easter annually and is supported by the District Council of Peterborough & local sponsors (businesses and individuals).
Enjoy ten days of fabulous exhibitions and events.
Admire the talents of Australian artists and photographers at the colourful Peterborough Art Prize, in the beautiful Peterborough Town Hall.
An exhibition which always delights visitors is the Goods Shed Papier Mache/Wireworks Exhibition. You’ll see unique life-size sculptures handcrafted by local artists from wire and old newspapers.
Gorgeous quilts and superb needlework by the Peterborough Patchworkers.
Treat yourself to homemade goodies, produce and crafts at the Festival Markets.
Visit quality Historical displays.
Browse the Collectables.
Relax and enjoy live entertainment.
See how locals have learned how to grow wonderful, productive gardens in this extreme climate.
Peterborough Art & Cultural Festival Dates:
- 2017 8th April - 17th April
- 2018 23rd March - 2nd April
- 2019 13th April - 22nd April
- 2020 4th April - 13th April
- 2021 26th March - 5th April
For full details visit: www.ourpeterboroughsouthaustralia.com.auFestival Committee Zeni Ferntree - Publicity Officer Tel: 0437 247 200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Arts Prize Exhibition Web: www.prac.org.au Email: email@example.com